Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Lord Sure loves me!!

Last night I had the OVERWHELMING urge to get a blessing. I had wanted one for a few weeks, but it was sorta back-of-my mind type thing and I wasn't too worried about it. But last night at about six i decided i absolutely needed one. So I asked a friend of mine, but got distracted and so he went to bed. My friend Matt said he could talk to his RM roommate. This was about midnight. So he calls Simon who immediately comes out...in a necktie and white shirt. He told me that he had had a feeling to stay up because he'd be giving a blessing so he got dressed. I had been silently praying that I would get one and that I would get the guidance and instruction that I needed. We went to his friend's house and her friend Tom just happened to be there, so he helped with the blessing. In the blessing, He said a few phrases that were in my patriarchal blessing! it also talked about how much the Lord loves me, and how proud my parents and the Lord are of me. It promised me that I would have the peace I desired, and that the Lord was pleased that I had such a strong desire to get a blessing. He advised me to pray out loud day and night and that I needed to talk openly to God about everything I do and my whole days. I wept most of the time. The Lord answered my prayers so much. I'm so grateful for the gospel and for the love that Christ and my Father in Heaven have for me. they sure love me!!

No comments: