Monday, September 1, 2008

First and foremost....

Well This is my first attempt at running a blog. A good friend suggested that I get a journal but I've tried many times and can't seem to get into writing in one continually. I write constantly on the internet, so I guess that a blog will probably suit me better.
I got home today from being in Tucson. It's strange to call Thatcher home but I do now. There are so many people here that were shadows of my old life. SHE is here. Still as perky and fake as always. So much like her dear sweet mother that it sickens me. I tried being polite when she came up to talk, but her sickly false joy at seeing me and her pointed remarks sharpened my tongue into the weapon my parents have warned me to control for years. She greeted me, stating her surprise at seeing that i wasn't dead. Or pregnant *looking pointedly at my stomach (so I've put on a few pounds. sue me.)* So I smiled with the same false enthusiasm and replied that her mother's plastic surgeon did an excellent job on her nose...it wasn't nearly as bulbous and that you could barely see the scars. My friends hid snickers behind pretend coughs as her eyes narrowed in that satanic way. I cocked my eyebrow and smiled, proud of the fact that I have learned to stand up to people.
I want to get a skateboard. it looks so fun and even though I have a very minimal sense of balance, I may be able to teach myself eventually. I'm just concerned that I will fall and break something before I get the gist of it.
This weekend felt sort of wasted. my father is pretty upset with me and I feel like I have failed him. Two weeks from now we'll have a good conversation. I miss that.
I guess that's it for now. maybe later i'll think of more things to say.

No comments: