Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Plan of Salvation Analogy

So I have been thinking a lot. And I came up with this in Institute a while back and now I have written it down to remember. This is my Uhhh, It's A Rock vs. Yay, I'm a Seed! Analogy. This is how I wrote it down and shared it with a good friend of mine.
Okay. Satan had a plan. It sounded pretty good, right? Well we'd all GET bodies. And we'd all end up back with Heavenly Father (theoretically, of course).
But we wouldn't grow or learn or sin or have any reason for repentance or the Atonement. And what would we be? The same as always.
rocks

Christ. He had such a beautiful plan...
We start out about the same as a rock.
But with Infinite potential. The ability to grow and be nurtured and become a HUGE Redwood.
Some of us might fall onto hard times and turn away from the sunlight. But if we fill our minds and spirits with the Holy Ghost, with the teachings of the Gospel, and turn towards the Sunlight of Christ, we will have infinite potential.
And trees don't just stop at the huge big leafy things with massive trunks either!
Oh, no.
They also produce seeds. which also have infinite potential. They have the ability to become other trees. And by doing so, the first tree, the once very small little seed...can be eternal.
And another thing that I love to liken to the Gospel is that with Plants, sometimes you forget to water or take them out into the sunlight.
And they start to wilt.
But you can almost always revive them. Just like the plants, if we don't feed our spirits, we start to wilt. But unlike plants, which sometimes die after too much time in the dry dark, we always have the opportunity to revive, if we just turn to the Lord.
I love that concept. It really is never too late.

1 comment:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

That was really good. :)
I particularly like the rock part; I never thought of that.

Matthew 13: 19-23